The Unity in Diversity group is a registered charity (#1167339) that runs twice-weekly sessions providing food, support and learning opportunities to asylum seekers and refugees in the Swansea area. Run entirely by dedicated volunteers we have helped over 500 people of 40+ nationalities/ethnic origins in its 5 years of fun and cooperation.
We aim to:-
- Provide ESOL classes at Pre-entry, Entry 1 and 2 levels (occasional IELTS preparation classes available – contact us for current status)
- Give additional learning, training and volunteer opportunities.
- Provide a safe place to meet and network together with the wider community.
- Signpost people to existing services for asylum seekers and refugees.
- Work with other organisations supporting asylum seekers and refugees.
- Help with application forms, official letters etc.
- Give access to input from other projects such as story-telling, singing groups and awareness raising groups.
- Provide a friendly environment where we eat a meal together.
- Give opportunities for wider social activities such as football training.
The Unity in Diversity Community Drop-in
Wednesdays: 4pm – 8pm
Thursdays: 4pm – 8pm
Our Women’s group meets twice monthly on Saturdays from 11:00am to 01:00pm.
Unitarian Church, High Street
(next to Argos)
Postal address available on request