SAFETY ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Staying connected with friends and family, introducing innovative ways of learning, and creating new ways of expressing yourself are just a few advantages of social media and the internet that we enjoy on daily basis.
Follow these tips to safely enjoy social media:
- Learn about and use the privacy and security settings on social media
- Protect your reputation on social media. Don’t forget: Once posted, always posted.
- Be cautious about how much personal information you provide on social media. Follow the rule: Keep personal information personal.
- Use your personal profile for only friends you know and trust. Know and manage your friends.
- Report anything that makes you uncomfortable. Know what action to take if someone is making you uncomfortable, harassing pr threatening you. Follow the REMOVE, BLOCK, REPORT rule.
Make sure you also protect the device you are using:
- Use a strong password.
- Use a different password for each of your social media accounts
- Set up your security answers.
- Password protect your devices.
Read more here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/social-media-how-to-use-it-safely
Posted on May 23, 2022, in News. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment